Our risk-management approach to a company’s cybersecurity needs protects assets, mitigates risks, and creates opportunities for smart growth.
Media reports and stories are featured daily of ongoing, costly cyber attacks on large and small businesses — and the resulting lawsuits and damage to brand reputations. An average data breach is estimated to cost a business close to $6 million.
The best defense against the proliferation of a cyber attack is a good offense. We are pioneers in cyber work, as one of the first law firms in Utah to establish a dedicated team of attorneys for this growing problem. Our cyber security team provides customized and cutting-edge solutions to help clients proactively protect valuable online information.
How We Help Protect Utah Clients
SCM protects its clients by devising cyber security plans that address the following:
- Risk management – Identification and mitigation of vulnerabilities;
- Policies and procedures – Tested practices that will stand up in court;
- Breach response – Timely guidance in an emergency situation;
- Education and training – Preparing and empowering managers and employees;
- Corporate governance – Advising on fiduciary obligations in accordance with SEC requirements;
- Intellectual property – Protecting vital assets; and
- Cyber insurance – Coverage analysis and claims defense.
Cybersecurity plans crafted by SCM will go far toward protecting a breached entity against claims. If a breach occurs, these group members work with clients to properly and promptly respond to the breach and mitigate the risk of litigation. If litigation occurs, we provide an experienced and vigorous cyber defense – in the boardroom as well as the courtroom.
When you need a cyber security law firm in Utah
Primary Practice Contact: Christopher W. Droubay
Our Utah cyber security lawyers are ready to help. For more information about the services SCM provides in this area, contact Christopher W. Droubay in our Salt Lake City office or Steven W. Beckstrom in our St. George office.