Associates / Laterals
We welcome applications from law school graduates and experienced attorneys who desire to make a lateral move. Snow, Christensen & Martineau is committed to providing an environment conducive to learning the skills necessary to provide superior lawyering to our clients. We take a long-term approach to developing associates and actively provide our attorneys with training, support, and exposure to many different areas of law.
Each associate at Snow, Christensen & Martineau is assigned a partner who oversees the associate's progress. A strong emphasis is placed on these mentoring relationships to assist in the transition from law student to practitioner and from associate to partner. We believe in the value of timely feedback and provide comprehensive semi-annual evaluations of all associates during their first two years of practice, and annual evaluations thereafter.
If you are looking for a position and are interested in joining the select group of Snow, Christensen & Martineau attorneys, here's what you need to know:
- Compensation for a lateral hire is commensurate with experience.
- The average compensation package for first-year associates, excluding year-end bonus, totals more than $113,000
This sum includes:
- First-year associate base salary: $100,000 (plus annual raises and a merit bonus)
- Annual contribution to the firm's Profit-Sharing Plan
- Firm contribution of amounts equal to three percent of each employee's annual eligible salary to the 401(k) Plan (additional employee pre-tax contributions are also allowed consistent with federal law)
- Generous health insurance coverage and flexible spending plan
- Life and disability insurance coverage
- Payment of costs and fees associated with various Bar associations, continuing education, and Bar prep courses
Other benefits include free reserved parking and reasonable expenses for business development.